April 14, 2009

Opening remarks

Here's the status quo:

I am...
  • A college grad with a B.A. (summa cum laude!) in English
  • (sort of) supporting myself with temp jobs at my university's archives
  • trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my life
  • looking for a full-time job I won't hate and getting passed over at every turn

This blog will be intermittently updated with dispatches from the front while I job-hunt and fill my idle hours. The title here, Impermanent State, means I'm in transition from student to real adult, from part-time temp positions to (hopefully) a full-time job, and the constant flux of modern life.

So, to begin...

What I'm watching:

Heroes on Hulu: I just started watching Heroes about a week and a half ago and--thanks largely to the strike-abbreviated second season--I'm almost caught up. Rather than the all-too-common system of putting only the five most recent episodes online, which is the case with most network sites, Hulu has the entire third season of Heroes up, which is marvelously convenient for those of us just getting into things.

What I'm reading:

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
The Somnambulist by Jonathan Barnes

I'll be updating my Goodreads page with books more often than this one here, I imagine.

This is what this unemployed person does with her time, I suppose.

(More news as it comes...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment