May 7, 2011

127: Lazy Favorites XV

I'm reading Tim Gunn's book, Gunn's Golden Rules at the moment, and he put together several top-five movie lists.  Inspired by Mr. Gunn's lists, here's my five fictional hangouts I wish were real:

The Pie Hole
Pushing Daisies was candy-colored fun, and I still miss it dearly.  Most of all, I miss Ned's pie shop.

The Old Haunt
Sure, they only featured the bar on Castle once, but anywhere Castle, Esposito, Ryan, and Beckett hang out is A-OK by me.  Besides, (if I recall correctly) it has a secret exit in the basement that connects to a tunnel system.  What more do you want from your bar?

The library
Otherwise known as the place all of my friends and I wanted to hang out.  The Beast's gift to Belle in Beauty and the Beast, I think it's the one thing that all little readers wish they could be given one day.

Merlotte's
I'll take a pass on the world with vampires and werewolves, but the only bar and grill in Bon Temps, Louisiana is one of the home bases for the insanity on True Blood.  Between Lafayette's infamous "AIDS burger," the handsome proprietor, and the cast of colorful locals, I'd pick it over Fangtasia any day (sorry, Eric and Pam).

The holodeck
Every vacation ever, all in one.  Best invention for Star Trek: The Next Generation, hands down.  Why, you ask?  Because with a holodeck, you could simulate every other location on this list, populate it with the appropriate characters, and have your own little adventures in the safety of virtual reality.  When do we get this technology for real?

Photos via We Heart It.

0 comments:

Post a Comment