April 5, 2011

095: Lunchtime delights

It's been a while since I had a real lunch.  When I was working, I brought those microwave Chunky soups because 1) I didn't have to cook anything in advance, and 2) they had chicken and sausage gumbo.  Chicken and sausage gumbo.  And it was delicious.  So now, when I'm at home in the middle of the day, I'm kind of at a loss.  I usually end up eating some cheese and a cup of dried cranberries, or whatever leftover pizza I can find in the refrigerator.  If I'm feeling really ambitious, I'll cook a package of frozen tortellini.  One day last week, I just ate a cup of Chex mix.

So today, in an effort to improve my eating habits and be less lazy, I made a sandwich.  How -- how, I ask -- did I forget the joys of sandwiches?  Particularly turkey pastrami sandwiches with Havarti cheese and lettuce on a mini-bagel?  And a side of potato chips with hummus?

My whole world is turned upside down.  And, as always, I suspect Liz Lemon is right...
source
[Hooray for food-based drivel!]

0 comments:

Post a Comment